Suncoast Partnership – Chief Information Officer (CIO)
This position is posted on Indeed.com Please use the website to submit your cover letter and resume.
Position: Chief Information Officer
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Supervises: System Administrators, Project Manager, and Data Analyst
Mission and Statement of Cooperation:
The mission of the Suncoast Partnership to End Homelessness (SPEH) is to prevent and end homelessness by uniting the communities of Manatee and Sarasota Counties through engagement and collaboration with business and civic leaders, service providers, faith-based organizations, advocates, concerned citizens, and people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. SPEH encourages and expects a high degree of cooperation and collaboration among its staff and stakeholders. The specific duties of each position require flexibility and cooperation to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
The person in this position will be responsible for timely completion of all necessary reporting requirements and will ensure outcomes are met related to funding received and implementation of enhancements to the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) (locally referred to as Community Services Information System (CSIS). Additionally, the person in this position will be responsible for system-wide data quality and working collaboratively with other staff and coordinating assignments when necessary.
Essential Job Functions:
- Completes Federal reporting: Annual Performance Report (APR), Consolidated Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER), Longitudinal System Analysis (LSA), System Performance Measures (SPMs), Housing Inventory Chart (HIC), and Point in Time (PIT). Additionally, produces Annual Homeless Assessment Report (AHAR).
- Assists with reporting associated with State, local, and private philanthropic funding sources.
- Reviews reports and records of activities to ensure progress is being accomplished toward specified grant objectives and modifies or changes methodology as required to redirect activities and attain objectives.
- Uploads data into the HUD repository for Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF), Projects in Transition from Homelessness (PATH), and Runaway and Homeless Youth (RYE).
- Management of the ESNAPS and SAGE systems.
- Contributes to grant and funding applications.
- Development and implementation of CSIS policies and procedures.
- Customization of reports and assessments for internal and external use.
- Generates all system-level reports.
- Maintains an electronic copy of all reports created.
- Manages system configuration updates and changes for primary CSIS software site.
- Updates program-specific data elements and bed lists at least annually. Monitors bed utilization rates.
- Designs methods, procedures, and workflows for implementing CSIS projects.
- Works in tandem with staff to troubleshoot data entry and reporting issues.
- Responsible for data integrity and audits data to ensure compliance with local, state, and Federal requirements.
- Acts as the designated Data Security Officer liaison with the Department of Children and Families.
- Generates and reviews monthly data quality reports.
- Works in conjunction with CSIS users to resolve data quality issues.
- Address, maintain, and document resolution of system software complaints, concerns, and/or problems.
- Researches new technology and implementation of such.
- Provides in-house technical support and software updates/installations in conjunction with staff.
- Maintains phone systems, contacting phone carriers to resolve issues if necessary.
- Oversees IT-onboarding process for new Suncoast Partnership employees.
- Maintains and improves organization’s website, by providing necessary data, graphs, and charts.
- Announces major system updates to all users.
- Ensures users of the CSIS system have proper training.
- Facilitates CSIS Committee meetings.
- Participates in Continuum of Care (CoC), Leadership Council (LC), Board of Directors (BoD), and other meetings as directed.
- Provides information related to CSIS to interested agencies or other parties upon request.
- Assists the Chief Executive Officer and performs general related activities with outside agencies as necessary related to the work of Suncoast Partnership.
- Performs other duties assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or five years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years or more of quality improvement /quality assurance experience preferred.
- Background in health and human services and Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) preferred.
- Must possess skills in operating office equipment, including but not limited to computers, software (word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, email) and telephones. Additionally, skills in system analysis and design, database administration, SQL, MS Office 365 Suite, Windows platforms, data dashboard and reporting software such as Tableau, Looker, or Power BI, website site design, content management, SQL Manager, PostgreSQL, Statistics, software testing, method and procedure development, documentation, technology course development and presentation, software conversion, cost/benefit analysis, project tracking and management, XML, networking technologies, hardware and software installation, code management, backup technology, disaster recovery, funding and grant application submission, and requirements planning are preferred.
- Ability to research and interpret regulations.
- Must be able to create and deliver presentations and trainings to groups.
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy of data management and reporting.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks.
- Must work well under pressure.
- Must be flexible and able to multi-task.
- Must be solution-focused and organized in achieving objectives with all service users.
- Must have analytical, strategic, and critical thinking skills for effective problem-solving.
- Must be able to motivate and organize self to complete tasks with service users.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the work environment.
- Must be able to foster a productive team working environment.
- Work is performed remotely, in an office setting, and occasionally in the community.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
- Regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone.
- Ability to read computer screens and printed documents.
- Ability to hear well enough to communicate with colleagues and stakeholders.
Must pass a Level 2 Background Screening, as well as, sign and comply with the Affidavit of Good Moral Character.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $68,000.00 – $73,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Sarasota, FL 34234
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!