FY22 Continuum of Care Competition and Noncompetitive Youth Homeless Demonstration Program Renewal and Replacement Grants – Due 9/30/22
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) today announced that it will provide $2.8 billion in competitive funding to homeless services organizations across the country for supportive services and housing programs for people experiencing homelessness. The funding opportunity reflects the Biden-Harris Administration’s continued commitment to equity and evidence-based solutions to address homelessness. It also reinforces the Administration’s commitment to boost housing supply and lower costs by supporting local engagement to increase the supply of affordable housing.
Additionally, the NOFO contains explicit funding for (1) survivors of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking; and (2) youth. The NOFO will provide at least $52 million for new rapid re-housing, supportive services, and other activities critical to assist survivors of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking. Approximately $80 million is available for non-competitive Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP) renewal and replacement expiring grants.
Specifically, HUD is seeking projects that:
- End homelessness for all persons experiencing homelessness;
- Place emphasis on racial equity and anti-discrimination polices for LGTBQ+ individuals;
- Use a Housing First approach;
- Reduce unsheltered homelessness and reduce the criminalization of homelessness;
- Improve system performance;
- Partner with housing agencies to leverage access to mainstream housing programs;
- Partner with health agencies to coordinate health and supportive services, including to prevent and respond to future infectious disease outbreaks;
- Advance racial equity and addressing racial disparities in homelessness;
- Engage people with lived experience of homelessness in decision-making; and
- Support local engagement to increase the supply of affordable housing.
Applications for the FY 2022 CoC Program NOFO are due to HUD on September 30, 2022. Click here for additional information.
Continuum of Care Competition and Noncompetitive_YHDP
HUD NOFO Full Package -Grants.Gov
Instructions and Information
HUD NOFO Resource Page
HUD E-Snaps Resource Page (And Log In)