FCLF is seeking an experienced Loan Portfolio Administrator to facilitate loan closings, administer draws, and assist in the management of a growing commercial loan portfolio of community development loans originated throughout the state of Florida.
Florida Community Loan Fund (FCLF) is a nonprofit lending institution providing capital and expertise to make projects successful and help organizations improve lives and low-income communities throughout the Sunshine State. Established in 1994, FCLF operates statewide from a network of offices in Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota, Melbourne, and Fort Lauderdale FCLF financing has helped more than 225 organizations succeed in their projects, providing over 1,030,000 Floridians annually with housing or social services through 420+ lending transactions to projects totaling over $1.35 billion. FCLF became Florida’s first certified statewide Community Development Financial Institution in 1996 and has been certified as a Community Development Entity since 2004.
Currently, FCLF has $117 million in total assets, a staff of 19, and an operating budget of $6 million. It has a growing loan portfolio of $88 million and has closed $351 million in New Markets Tax Credit investments. FCLF Strategic Plan emphasizes significant growth and we are adding staff to keep pace with this growth.
1. Preparing or reviewing drafts of loan commitment letters with the Community Development Loan Officers.
2. Preparing commercial real estate loan documents (Promissory Note, Mortgage, Loan Agreement, etc.), and ensuring all required due diligence items, including but not limited to, title and survey issues, ESAs, property condition reports, and appraisals, are reviewed and satisfactory prior to loan closing and disbursement of funds.
3. Coordinating loan closings with borrowers, title companies, attorneys, other lenders, municipalities, etc. Maintaining ongoing communication with FCLF’s attorneys to ensure adequate legal assistance with loan closings, when necessary.
4. Reviewing borrower and third-party information (draw requests, AIA forms, inspection reports, and other due diligence items) and recommending advances on construction loans and other lines of credit facilities.
5. Ongoing tracking of construction loan agreement and loan agreement covenants. Identification of borrowers that are not in compliance with loan agreements.
6. For each loan file, consistently maintain borrower contact information, insurance information, financial statements, UCC-1 financing statements, and any other time-sensitive documentation.
7. Consistently confirm a complete and accurate database of borrowers and loans within loan portfolio software.
8. Responsible for follow-up with delinquent borrowers, or coordination with the lender for contact.
9. Perform periodic site visits to borrower’s project sites to monitor construction and/or the ongoing viability of the project/collateral, as well as for ongoing customer relations.
10. Close interaction with FCLF Finance Department for reporting, funding, payment, audit issues.
11. Assist with collection and reporting of data and measurement of the social impact of loans made.
12. Other related duties as assigned include utilizing computer systems to track loan activity, generate reports, assist in the loan servicing process including invoices, payments, etc.
1. Minimum 3 years of experience administering a commercial real estate loan portfolio.
2. Minimum 5 years of experience closing commercial loans including the ability to create or review legal documentation (notes, mortgages or security agreements, loan agreements, etc.). Proficiency in the review of title insurance commitments/policies, surveys, collateral, lien filings, appraisals, hazard, and general liability insurance evidence, environmental reports, or other third-party information.
3. An undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience.
4. Experience in, or knowledge of, affordable housing, community development finance, and the nonprofit industry is preferred.
5. Extraordinary record-keeping abilities and attention to detail, and a proven capacity to produce consistently accurate and high-quality work.
6. Knowledge of MS Office Suite with emphasis on Excel experience, including, but not limited to downloading and integrating raw data from other sources and creating reports and other spreadsheets. Experience working with one or more commercial loan portfolio management software programs.
Maturity, initiative, flexibility, and ability to work independently and cooperatively with others located across the state are essential qualities, as are strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks under tight time constraints. Some ability to travel and own transportation may be required.
The position is part of the organization’s lending team and works closely with the finance department. Candidates must have a commitment to social and economic justice and a strong interest in community development.
Please submit your resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter which specifically outlines your experience in the following:
• your experience in COMMERCIAL real estate loan administration; number of years and position(s) held;
• Experience in closing commercial loans including ability to create or review legal documentation; number of years and positions held.
In the e-mail subject line, please note you are responding to the Portfolio Administrator position.
Resumes without a cover letter containing the above information will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
Florida Community Loan Fund, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Since 1994, Florida Coalition to End Homelessness (FCEH) has distinguished itself as the state’s leading voice on homeless policy. Today, FCEH continues to demonstrate an unwavering commitment to addressing homelessness in Florida by working with state and federal stakeholders to develop solution-driven practices.
FCEH provides training, resources, support, and advocacy to assist members in their efforts to help the homelessness in their local communities. Our members come from a wide range of backgrounds, but all share a passion for helping others.