Big Bend Continuum of Care
Job Title: System Administrator
Status: Full-time, salaried with comprehensive benefits.
Salary Range: $50,000 – $55,000, commensurate with experience
Logistics: This position is based in Tallahassee, FL. The candidate will be required to work out of the Tallahassee, FL office.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2018
Email detailed cover letter highlighting experience and qualifications along with resume to: email@example.com. Please put “System Administrator Position” in the subject line.
The Big Bend Continuum of Care (BBCoC) is a non-profit organization that administers the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) for the Big Bend area. The HMIS is a database that collects client-level data on homelessness in the CoC.
This position will be working for the BBCoC as the administrator of HMIS, utilizing current HMIS software serving the CoC (Mediware/Bowman). This position will provide training, technical assistance and analytical support; and ensure compliance with HUD, CoC and HIPAA regulations. In addition, this position will ensure all system upgrades, updates, and data quality services are performed as required or needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
• Maintain current knowledge of homeless assistance programs and related initiatives
• Monitor compliancy of the HMIS software to meet all federal and state data collection and reporting regulations.
• Analyze data for internal reporting and monitoring purposes
• Create and revise forms and other tools to ensure compliance with US Department of Housing and
Urban Development (HUD) regulations and/or compliance with state funded projects.
• Maintain up-to-date records on all agency and end user agreement forms and required policy documentation
• Provide training and technical support to partner agencies and end users to ensure proper use of the
o Assist partner agencies and end users to ensure data confidentiality, integrity, and security
o Attend local, state, and national trainings, as assigned, to keep abreast of changing rules,
regulations, and standards related to the HMIS
o Establish and coordinate training schedules and maintain user attendance records
o Review system data quality regularly and conduct related training as needed
o Work closely with partner agencies to resolve data issues and improve data quality
o Work with BBCoC staff to develop and update training materials as needed or required
• Collaborate with community partners and stakeholders
o Act as a liaison between partner agencies, state and local funders to facilitate effective collaboration and resolve issues affecting the HMIS
o Actively participate in meetings with partner agencies as it relates to HMIS
o Actively participate in designated CoC meetings and HMIS Committee meetings
o Assist with outreach and relationship building with agencies and individuals to expand the use and effectiveness of the HMIS
o Prove data reports and analysis for the CIS Project
o Assist in the annual homeless point-in-time and housing inventory data collection
o Work with staff to maintain and update the HMIS Policies & Procedures Manual
• Provide oversight for HMIS support staff to ensure assigned tasks are performed efficiently, effectively, and timely
• Assist with maintaining current website content
• Support BBCoC grant applications as appropriate
• Perform other duties as needed or assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS Experience and Education:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
• Minimum one to three years of related experience or training related to job duties
• Minimum of two years of experience in a position with a high degree of job independence and responsibility
• Understanding of the evolving role of data and its role in addressing social problems
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills. Must be detail-oriented
• Working knowledge and understanding of homelessness and/or poverty related issues helpful
• Show strong administrative skills, be highly organized, motivated and remain flexible under pressure.
Attention to detail and ability to organize and set priorities a must
• Work in an occasionally fast-paced and demanding environment, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet established deadlines
• Effectively present information and respond to questions from partner agencies, end users, governmental entities, the general public, and other stakeholders
• Work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
• Provide technical support to individuals with varying levels of technical knowledge
• Read, analyze and interpret statistical reports, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
• Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
• Local travel maybe required, with occasional extended travel to trainings, workshops, or conferences
• Basic office equipment and technology
• Technical expertise required in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access
• Relational database software
• Reporting platforms, including Business Objects, Qlik Sense or other data visualization tools
• Prospective candidates will be subject to and must pass a comprehensive criminal background check
Reports to: BBCoC’s Director